Elvis Fest 6 set to rock Seminole Casino Immokalee
Published 6/14/2013 at 6:15 a.m. 0 comments
Elvis is back in the building. Seminole Casino Immokalee is set to become Graceland South as Elvis Fest 6 brings together the best Elvis tribute artists from all over the country for a weekend of “Jailhouse Rock,” jumpsuits and “thank ...
SummerJazz on the Gulf concert series returns Saturday with Alan Darcy Group
Published 6/14/2013 at 6:00 a.m. 0 comments
The last time jazz saxophonist Alan Darcy played one of the Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club’s annual SummerJazz on the Gulf concerts, he couldn’t believe the crowd. “I thought that in June, Naples was empty. I had no idea ...
Review: The laden 'Man of Steel' doesn't soar
Published 6/14/2013 at 6:00 a.m. 0 comments
It has been a black eye to Hollywood that throughout this, the unending and increasingly repetitive age of the superhero blockbuster, the comics’ most iconic son has eluded its grasp like a bird or, if you will, a plane.
Winners announced for the 2013 Southwest Florida Readers' Choice Awards
Published 6/13/2013 at 10:00 p.m. 3 comments
The 2013 Southwest Florida Readers' Choice Awards were held Thursday night. Over 700 attended the cocktail reception and awards ceremony announcing more than 250 winners in seven categories representing the region’s finest in dining, entertainment, shopping and service businesses.
Review: 'This Is the End' weirdly compelling
Published 6/13/2013 at 6:30 p.m. 0 comments
The seemingly exhausted gross-out comedy genre gets a strange temporary reprieve with “This Is the End,” an unlikable but weirdly compelling apocalyptic fantasy in which a bunch of young stars and stars-by-affiliation jokingly imagine their own mortality.
Naples TV treasure hunter wants a second prize: more understanding for gay people
Published 6/13/2013 at 6:43 a.m. 0 comments
Tonight, former Nepolitan Michael Holtz drops into a foreign wildnerness with only a GPS, his teammates and a will to find a treasure.
Click! A pair of local, regional shows show high photo drama in small things
Published 6/13/2013 at 6:42 a.m. 0 comments
The camera's eye can reveal ideas about a common object we may never have seen before. Two elcectic shows opening at the von Liebig Center Friday demonstrate that in a powerful way.
Art news: It's an opera opportunity June 22
Published 6/13/2013 at 4:00 a.m. 0 comments
Do you love opera? See some original librettos from the Metropolitan Opera
Review: FGCU students serve up "peachy" adaptation of Roald Dahl classic
Updated 6/13/2013 at 2:08 a.m. 0 comments
I treasure Roald Dahl's children's fiction. I can recite detailed plots of four from memory. Thus, I approached FGCU TheatreLab's productionof Dahl's "James and the Giant Peach," with trepidation. If Hollywood has taught us anything, is is to be wary ...
Music Independence Day: MTV, VH1 and CMT networks going back to roots for July 4th
Published 6/12/2013 at 9:55 a.m. 0 comments
MTV, VH1 and CMT are going back to their musical roots on the Fourth of July.
Mystery woman picks up tab for 180 diners at Florida restaurant
Published 6/12/2013 at 8:27 a.m. 6 comments
A mystery woman who many say looked like the Florida woman who recently won the Powerball jackpot picked up the tab for 180 diners at a Plant City restaurant.
Talking with Steve Byrne of 'Sullivan & Son'
Published 6/12/2013 at 6:00 a.m. 0 comments
Set in a Pittsburgh bar and starring Pittsburgh native Steve Byrne, the season-two premiere aims to restate its premise for the benefit of viewers who might have missed the show's 10-episode first season.
In the Know: 4 more restaurants closed in Naples area in May
Published 6/12/2013 at 5:00 a.m. 9 comments
The end of season this year was the end for many area restaurants. Find out if one of your favorites folded.
FYI-Food: Places to take Dad on Father's Day
Published 6/12/2013 at 4:00 a.m. 0 comments
It's Dad's big day, treat him to a special meal. Also find out which SWFL restaurants and bars are offering happy hour specials
‘Man of Steel’ puts Superman back in spotlight, revealing character’s strengths, frailties
Published 6/11/2013 at 8:49 p.m. 0 comments
Can "Man of Steel" save Superman? It's odd to think that a strange visitor from another planet, with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men, would need saving.
- Jun 19th 2013 James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- Jun 18th 2013 Father/Son look-alike contest at…
- Jun 18th 2013 Cool Cruisers Car Club Cruise-In
- Jun 17th 2013 Day 4 2013 Bonnaroo Music and Arts…
- Jun 16th 2013 Naples Paddle Fest
- Jun 16th 2013 Day 3 2013 Bonnaroo Music and Arts…
- Jun 15th 2013 Everglades Wonder Gardens Reopening
- Jun 14th 2013 2013 Southwest Florida Choice Awards
- Jun 14th 2013 Dining out: Mr. Big Fish
- Jun 13th 2013 Exhibits: Camera USA and Capturing…
- Jun 12th 2013 Movie Premiere: "Man of Steel"
- Jun 11th 2013 GoShots: Marco Chamber's Glory of the…
- Jun 19th 2013 The Frozen Ground (R)
- Jun 19th 2013 Riddick: The IMAX Experience (R)
- Jun 19th 2013 Riddick (R)
- Jun 19th 2013 Killing Season (R)
- Jun 19th 2013 Under the Bed (R)
- Jun 18th 2013 The To Do List (No Rating)
- Jun 18th 2013 Paranoia (No Rating)
- Jun 18th 2013 Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me (PG-13)
- Jun 18th 2013 Elysium: The IMAX Experience (No Rating)
- Jun 14th 2013 Apartment 1303 3D (No Rating)
- Jun 14th 2013 The Grandmaster (No Rating)
- Jun 14th 2013 Blackfish (PG-13)
- Alligator Bay Feeding Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens -- 11 A.M.
- Burroughs Home Tours The Burroughs Home & Gardens -- 11 A.M.
- Class: Folk dances Fleischmann Park -- 10 A.M.
- Entertainment at Stevie Tomato's Sports Page Stevie Tomato's Sports Page - Pebblebrooke -- 5 P.M.
- International Folk Dances Fleischmann Park -- 10 A.M.
- Jonathan Kite at Off the Hook Comedy Club Off The Hook Comedy Club -- 8 P.M.
- Jungle Larry & Safari Jane’s Snakes Alive Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens -- 1:45 P.M.
- KidzAct summer camps Sugden Community Theatre -- 9 A.M.
- Latin Dance Classes bachata -- 8 P.M.
- Line Dance Classes Veterans Community Park - North Naples -- 1:30 P.M.