Old rules don't mean much to broadcasters
Published 5/21/2013 at 6:26 p.m. 0 comments
Television schedules seem more like sketches these days. Even the networks admit their prime-time plans for September will be different by January, even more so a few months later.
ABC counting on story lines to sell Indy 500
Published 5/21/2013 at 5:29 p.m. 0 comments
Helio Castroneves and Dario Franchitti will be trying to become four-time Indianapolis 500 champions, four women will roll off the starting grid, a local boy is on the pole ... indeed, there's no shortage of compelling story lines accompanying Sunday's ...
Naples Players blend classics, comedy, kitsch in new season
Published 5/21/2013 at 5:02 p.m. 0 comments
One play is still a secret. But the Naples Players coming season travels from life on the edge in a trailer park to the vast, poignant world of "Our Town.
Review: "American Idiot" rocks Fort Myers
Published 5/21/2013 at 2:54 p.m. 0 comments
"American Idiot" has something to say. "American Idiot" has nothing to say. Part rock concert, part political statement, part slamming, jamming, banging celebration of youth, freedom, music and the very emptiness of American culture at the dawn of the millennium, ...
Review: "50 Shades! The Musical" cracks the whip on comedy in Fort Myers
Published 5/21/2013 at 2:44 p.m. 0 comments
"50 Shades! The Musical" crawled blindfolded and ball-gagged into Fort Myers Friday. Oh, what a night. Sweet Katherine Kavanagh, what a night! Roaming the lobby at BBMann, one might have thought pop stars of One Direction stature were less than ...
Daft Punk goes outside comfort zone for new album
Published 5/21/2013 at 7:00 a.m. 0 comments
There’s long been a show-biz bent to the work of Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, who for the last 13 years have hidden their faces in public appearances by wearing robot helmets and costumes. Yet Daft Punk’s new album ...
Ray Manzarek, keyboardist for the Doors, dies at 74
Published 5/21/2013 at 6:52 a.m. 1 comment
Ray Manzarek, who was responsible for the piercing electric organ sound on “Light My Fire” and most of the Doors’ cornerstone songs, died Monday after a lengthy battle with cancer. He was 74.
McCartney keeps rockin' strong at 70 - PHOTOS
Updated 5/20/2013 at 12:19 p.m. 0 comments
Paul McCartney rocked the Amway Center in Orlando on Sunday night for the second-straight night.
STAY TUNED: Fall 2013 proves anything could happen
Published 5/20/2013 at 6:00 a.m. 0 comments
Last week, the major (and minor) broadcast television networks — CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox and the CW — each picked a day to announce their fall schedules, ushering in a new world of possibility and promise that when cooler weather ...
In the Know: Wise Guys Supper and Comedy Club closes a month after opening
Published 5/19/2013 at 9:30 p.m. 14 comments
A comedy and supper club closes after less than a month. What happened?
Hundreds turn out for Community Day at Artis—Naples
Published 5/19/2013 at 8:30 p.m. 7 comments
Artis—Naples holds an open house, as both sides weigh in on its recent name change from The Phil.
Review: Ladies laugh through life in "Love, Loss and What I Wore"
Published 5/19/2013 at 10:08 a.m. 1 comment
Every woman with a cluttered purse should see Theatre Conspiracy's production of "Love, Loss and What I Wore." Every woman with a disorganized closet should see "Love, Loss and What I Wore." Every woman should see Theatre Conspiracy's production of ...
On the set as stars film season finale of ABC's 'Nashville'
Published 5/18/2013 at 6:29 a.m. 0 comments
At a small house that’s used as the home of Deacon Claybourne on ABC’s “Nashville,” actor Charles “Chip” Esten rehearses a fight scene that also involves co-stars Robert Ray Wisdom (aka Coleman Carlisle) and Sam Palladio (aka Gunnar Scott).
Heart Ball raises $474,000 with 'white out' theme
Published 5/18/2013 at 6:00 a.m. 0 comments
You've got to have heart, and more than 600 people showed up at the annual Heart Ball to prove that they do. So did TV celebrities and a "Dunk City" star or two.
Days of Summer
Published 5/18/2013 at 4:00 a.m. 0 comments
So your kid wants to learn to do pottery? There’s a camp for that. Little Sally is into horses? There’s a camp for that too. Science? Math? Acting? Dance? Yup, there’s camps for all of those as well.
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- May 21st 2013 Go Shots: Jean Carlos Centeno concert…
- May 20th 2013 Paul McCartney's 'Out There' Tour…
- May 18th 2013 Sneak peek: Fall TV shows
- May 17th 2013 American Idol Season 12 Champion
- May 17th 2013 The top films of Summer 2013
- May 17th 2013 Practicing for the deaf version of…
- May 16th 2013 Dining out: Sandy's Cuban Cafe
- May 15th 2013 Dining out: Nana's Diner
- May 12th 2013 Naples Dixieland Jazz Band at Cambier…
- May 10th 2013 Darius Rucker kicks off "True…
- May 10th 2013 Dining out: Big Al's Sports Grill
- May 9th 2013 MIA does Shakespeare
- May 21st 2013 The Haunting of Helena (No Rating)
- May 21st 2013 Strong Black Woman (No Rating)
- May 21st 2013 My Little Pony: Equestria Girls (No…
- May 21st 2013 Lost and Found in Armenia (No Rating)
- May 21st 2013 Planes in 3D (No Rating)
- May 21st 2013 Vehicle 19 (R)
- May 21st 2013 Planes (No Rating)
- May 20th 2013 Copperhead (PG-13)
- May 20th 2013 Fukrey (No Rating)
- May 20th 2013 Aurangzeb (No Rating)
- May 20th 2013 August: Osage County (No Rating)
- May 20th 2013 The Guillotines (Xue di zi) (R)
- Alligator Bay feeding Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens -- 11 A.M.
- Beach Combing Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park -- 9:30 A.M.
- Burroughs Home Tours The Burroughs Home & Gardens -- 11 A.M.
- Class: Argentine Tango Group 1673 Pine Ridge Road -- 8 P.M.
- Jungle Larry & Safari Jane’s Snakes Alive Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens -- 1:45 P.M.
- Karaoke Night Porky's Last Stand, 701 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island -- 7 P.M.
- Meet the Zoo Keepers Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens -- 10 A.M.
- Motown and Dancing with DJ Omar Baker Fred's Food, Fun & Spirits -- 6:30 P.M.
- Naples Zoo feature show Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens -- 11 A.M.
- Primate Expedition Cruise Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens -- 10 A.M.